Microsoft Exchange iPhone 3G Limitations?13 Oct 2008
Apple iPhone 3G (and Microsoft Exchange Sync) is an nifty productivity tool in the business environment. One can’t think it is a replacement tool for a Microsoft Exchange connected desktop. Moreover, naysayers on the street are jealous that their Blackberry lacks the Bling Bling of the iPhone 3G.
TechnoKoZ continues to lead the pack in solving “iphone exchange activesync” issues. Yes, in this difficult world we live in there are solution providers you can trust. TechnoKOZ has built trust. We have raised the customer repair bar for Quality Service. We have yet to disappoint any customer. View our LinkedIn reputation. View feedback from our recent clients.
This said, we would only be doing you some injustice by not speaking about some of the minor short comings of the 2nd generation Apple iPhone.
….Remember! We don’t ask for payment until AFTER we resolve the IPHONE Sync problem.
….Our Fee is FLAT RATE! Meaning we do not watch the clock. We only charge $175.00 if we solve your problem. No solution — NO PAYMENT What a concept.
WE PROMISE it will be one of the GREATEST investments
of your time and money that you will make all year.
- Only the inbox can be set to synchronize – sub-folders can be accessed
- No Flagging on email
- Cannot set Out of Office message
- No Hot Keys for managing messages
- No support for Activesync Schedule (eg. push during work hrs – pull outside of that)
- No Smart Filtering
- No ability to change sort order of email messages
- No support for Server Search of email messages
- Trying to delete messages or move them when you don’t have connectivity generates lots of errors messages and you cannot actually delete or move when offline
- Message status is not set on the server for replying/forwarding to an email, similarly the status from the server is not provided to the iPhone
- You cannot automatically set attachments to download
- There is no control over maximum attachment size
- You can’t see the number of unread or new emails without ‘slide’ – unlocking the device
- No ability to invite attendees to a meeting
- You cannot provide a reason for declining meetings
- Attendee status is not available
- There is no click through to get access to information from the GAL for a participant
- No support for setting Out of Office message
- You cannot delete a single occurrence of a recurring meeting – you can only delete the whole series
- Cannot enforce Storage or device encryption
- Remote wipe is not immediate (Takes about 2 hours) and restore requires a brief re-cradling exercise to iTunes
- PIN unlock timeout is not enforced on the iPhone
- You have to ‘slide’ to unlock – then enter the PIN code to unlock the device
- Difficult to get to Global Address List