iPhone ActiveSync setup issues
are driving people NUTS!! Since July 2008, Apple Technical Support has been diverting iPhone user(s) to read the “Apple Exchange Server Deployment Guide”. WOW! To this date, they still have not made the setup and integration process EASIER. Apple Technical Support knows of TECHNOKOZ, because we receive reports from customers that they suggest looking at our BLOG!! A big APPLE SAUCE THANK YOU!!!
We are currently receiving more calls regarding iphone activesync calendar not syncing but mail does.
We have successfully solved this issue too.
Here is some communication from one of our customers, Costa Accounting:
Thanks again for jumping on my iPhone configuration with MS Exchange issue and solving it for me. I especially appreciated the good communication between us and the conscientious and successful effort. I have given your invoice to our accounting department, and a check will be sent to you today.
We understand your pain. We are iPhone and Exchange EXPERTS! Most problems are solved within 40 minutes.
Ask yourself, “how much is my time worth?” Most people end the support session stating, “This was the BEST $175 we have spent in a long time!!!” Why not join the winning crowd.
Contact our support center today: 480.440.4650 // Skype: TECHNOKOZ
Take that first step.. Call us today!!
Give TechnoKOZ the iPhone Exchange Setup Experts a call [+1-480-440-4650] or open a support ticket to discuss your problem.
Flat Rate $175 – iPhone Exchange Setup Solutions with a 100% money back guarantee!
** NO ADVANCE PAYMENT REQUIRED **
TechnoKOZ is the most affordable iPhone Exchange Setup Experts found anywhere for enterprise, small business, and IT Repair companies. Give us a call today: 480.440.4650 / Skype: TECHNOKOZ
…and remember NO SYNC, no payment!
… Payment at the end of the call after a functioning iPhone & Exchange sync.
TechnoKOZ realizes your pain. We have numerous corporations / companies / and even individuals across the world contacting our iPhone support number: 480.440.4650. Stating that: “They should have contacted us two weeks ago.” We are currently receiving many International calls from Denmark, Australia, UK, France, Germany, and Ireland.
We guarantee POSITIVE results. TechnoKOZ: 480-440-4650. Flat Rate $175.00 SOLUTION. This is not a gimmick and we are REAL Microsoft Engineers.
This is a minor list of problem we can solve QUICKLY!!! Why continue to search. You owe it to yourself to relax and sit back and enjoy a “get out of problem” card today. TECHNOKOZ is your winning team!
- So my iphone 3G (2.1) will synch my email from the company exchange server just fine for a day or two then for no reason (that I can tell) stops. It goes into an endless connecting to server state and never gets past it. If I fully restore the phone, wiping the account clean, starting over it will validate the account, start synching mail, work for a while (a day or just a few hours) and then stop. I have the phone set for manual fetch. Any ideas?
- email and contacts are working fine. calendar events entered on the iphone show up on the exchange, but events entered on exchange (through owa or outlook) do not appear on the iphone
- email access is denied because the user name or password are incorrect. I’ve posted this question earlier, but responses did not apply. I’ve tried changing the password, but that doesn’t work either. Is there a way to retrieve a password if I’m using the wrong one?
- I just purchased a new 3.0 Gs two weeks ago. I entered my two pop email accounts and my one yahoo account. They will work fine for about 2 or 3 days. Then they will not connect. The little connecting wheel just spins indefinitely. All three accounts always stop at the same time. In order to correct it, I have to delete all three accounts and reset the network settings. Then they work fine….for another 2 or 3 days. I cannot sync my phone with our Exchange 2003 server. I am able to set up the account and receive verification on the account. As I attempt to sync, I receive the message “connection to the server failed.” I have valid certificates from VeriSign on the server and I assume the iphone came with similar certificates. I can receive emails via an imap account, however, I want to be able to utilize the features of Exchange. We also have an Ironport (antispam, etc.) system on the network and I am not sure if this has something to do with it. I have seen a number of similar questions, but could not see where anyone else had been successful in resolving. Please assist if possible.
- I have a new iphone. I’m trying to connect it to an Microsoft Small Business Server 2003. It will not connect. I get the same errors as other with the “configured sync for null”.
- I am trying to setup my Microsoft exchange server. My company does not use port 443 for Microsoft emails. We use a different port. Has anyone setup their outlook on a different port? Did it work? and please provide me steps to try to get mine setup.